Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Gallery

The convention center links up (I believe) with a sort of underground mall called The Gallery. I hate to speak ill of any part of Philadelphia, but I really do not like The Gallery. It's typically crowded, loud, a bit dirty, and the stores are nothing special. I would not waste time here. There is a Kmart at one end of the mall, if you absolutely need a discount chain store (Walmart and Target require a car to get to). The larger drug stores, like the Rite Aid at 10th and Market, will probably have anything you might need from the Kmart, and is a block closer, I believe. It also might be nicer, but I can't guarantee that.

If you're looking for a place to eat, The Gallery does have a food court, but it's in the basement, so to speak, and is pretty unpleasant if my memory serves. Go to READING TERMINAL MARKET instead. It's got SO MUCH MORE PERSONALITY, and natural light to boot. There's no contest-- Reading Terminal is the best place around the convention center to eat for variety, quality, and value.

I recommend avoiding The Gallery. Enough said.

No comments: